Top 7 Places of Ranikhet You Must Visit
If you want to try out an offbeat location for your vacation this time, and you simply love the hills, the head out to Ranikhet. Located in the state of Uttarakhand, Ranikhet is one of those hill stations that are yet to be maddened by the rush of tourists throughout the year.
Of the many tourist places in Uttarakhand this one is undoubtedly one of the most serene and tranquil ones. When in Ranikhet there are a few places that you ought to visit. Let us take a look at the top 7 that are a must during your stay here:
- The Chaubatia Gardens: This is one of the most celebrated tourist attractions of this hill station. This is a fruit orchard where you will get to experience the natural flora of this place. Numerous plants of oranges, apples, peaches, apricots etc are found here. The most attractive feature of this orchard is that it offers a lovely view of the surrounding mountain ranges. The orchard coupled with the panoramic view of the mountains offers a sight to behold!
- The Bhalu Dam: If you travel a few kilometres downhill from the Chaubatia Gardens, then you will reach the Bhalu Dam. This is an artificial lake that is known for its beauty and serenity. When you visit the Chaubatia Gardens, make sure that you travel to the Bhalu Dam as well. Surrounded by a dense forest, the waters of the lake offer a pleasant respite from the city life.
- The Jhula Devi Temple: When you make arrangements for your stay make sure that you book the best hotel in ranikhet and when you do book the room find out about the distance of the Jhula Devi temple from there so that you can reach the temple easily. This is the most famous temple of this hill station and the goddess is believed to be an extremely auspicious one.
- The Upat Golf course: This is the highest golf course in Asia. It is located at a height of 1829mts and is indeed a charming place to engage in the game of golf. Upat is located about 5kms away from the main area of Ranikhet and hence you will need to book a public transport to travel to this place.
- Kalika: Just beside the Upat Golf course you have Kalika. Here there is a temple that is dedicated to Goddess Kali and hence the region has acquired this name.
- Manila: Interested in exploring a tiny hamlet near Ranikhet. Well then book a car and travel to Manila. This place is about 87kms away from Ranikhet and is the perfect location for a picnic. A temple dedicated to goddess Manila, lends this place its name.
- Majkhali: Situated at a distance of about 12kms from the cantonment town of Ranikhet, this is another lovely hamlet that needs to be explored. Majkhali falls on the Almora Road.
These are the top 7 locales in Ranikhet that you ought to visit when you are in the hill station. Make sure you cover all of them!